- Dates (Khajur): Dates form the primary base of the chutney, contributing a natural sweetness and a chewy texture.
- Dry Fruits: A mix of assorted dry fruits is added to enhance the chutney’s flavor and provide a variety of textures. Common dry fruits used include raisins, almonds, cashews, and walnuts.
- Spices: Certain spices may be included to add depth and warmth to the chutney. Common spices might include cumin, coriander, or even a hint of black pepper.
- Tamarind (Imli): Tamarind is often used to add a tangy and slightly sour element to balance the sweetness of the dates and dry fruits.
- Jaggery: Some recipes may include jaggery to further enhance sweetness and provide a more complex flavor profile.
- Water: Water is added as needed to achieve the desired consistency of the chutney.
Dryfruit and Khajur Chutney Jar