- Flour: Sweet bread typically uses all-purpose flour or a combination of all-purpose and whole wheat flour, providing the structure for the bread.
- Sugar: Sweet bread gets its sweetness from sugar. The amount can vary, and different types of sugar, such as granulated or brown sugar, may be used.
- Butter: Butter is added to sweet bread to enrich the dough, providing a tender crumb and a buttery flavor.
- Eggs: Eggs contribute to the structure and texture of sweet bread, giving it a moist and soft consistency.
- Yeast or Baking Powder: Depending on the recipe, sweet bread may be leavened with yeast for a rise or baking powder for a quicker preparation.
- Liquid (Milk or Water): Liquid is added to hydrate the dough and create the desired consistency.
- Flavorings: Vanilla extract or other flavorings may be included to enhance the overall taste.
Brookline Monks Sweet Bread